Bioinformatic services provided by the technology platform include, beside demultiplexing and quality control of the raw data, a broad range of primary and downstream analysis methods, as well as help with visualization and interpretation of the results. For this purpose, state-of-the-art algorithms and methods in conjunction with the full complement of publicly available databases are used. For most standard methods there are well-implemented and established workflows. If required, these methods can be adapted to suit more specific experimental designs (e.g., a specific viral infection system).
- Differential Gene Expression (mRNA-/RNA-Seq, Microarray)
- (Differential) Peak Calling (ChIP-, MeDIP-Seq)
- SNP Calling
- Viral Phylogenetics
- Localization of viral integration sites
- Differential microRNA expression and de novo microRNA discovery
- Metagenome Analysis
- Copy Number Variants/Alterations
- CRISPR/Cas9 sgRNA library screening
- and much more
In addition to these standard applications, customized scripts or entirely novel workflows can be implemented for specific questions for which no standard solution exists. Individual counseling, e.g. for experimental design, as well as long-term support, from providing the raw data to uploading it to one of the INSDC databases, ensures best results.